Let’s advocate together #MakingMusicIsAProfession and #UnityInTheMusicCommunity
As we struggle to emerge from the pandemic, we must remember what’s most important in our lives: Music! Musical activities have been drastically curtailed by COVID-19 and its variants; there have been emotional and financial challenges, and many of the resources we traditionally depend on have been severely reduced.
Musicians MUST organize and act collectively.
Musicians For Musicians (MFM) is a non-profit Musicians Rights organization established in 2015 by professional musician Sohrab Saadat Ladjevardi, seeking to elevate the work of all musicians to the level of a true profession. It’s a 501(c)(6) non-tax-deductible association with the right to lobby, and it exists alongside (but separate from) the musicians union.
MFM’s annual Membership Drive, running from November 1st through December 6th midnight, 2021, reaches out to all working musicians of all genres to join MFM supporting and helping to continue MFM’s mission.
MFM provides vital resources for the professional musician:
- Educational ZOOM Webinars with distinguished guest speakers.
- Advice regarding government Unemployment Benefits (PUA) and other resources.
- Monthly podcasts (MFM SPEAKS OUT)
- On-line magazine DooBeeDooBeeDoo NY and a social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Musician advocacy with politicians and collaboration with other musicians’ rights organizations to improve musicians’ lives via legislation.
- Chapters in New York City and the Hudson Valley Chapter (Kingston, NY) with an international digital presence
- The United States Library of Congress has selected MFM’s website for inclusion in the historic collection of Internet materials related to the Professional Organizations for Performing Arts Web Archive.
- Collective action by the MFM membership supporting the bipartisan American Music Fairness Act (H.R. 4130) which was introduced by Representatives Ted Deutch (D-FL) and Darrell Issa (R-CA) in Congress in June.
- MFM started an alliance with German Freelancing Musicians Association PRO MUSIK.
Impressive, right? So, JOIN HERE!!
MFM Membership Drive Incentives
- $12 Service Fee waiver
- Sweetwater purchase discount (5-10%)