Musicians For Musicians (MFM) presents:
Make Music Your Business
with GigSalad Co-Founder, Mark Steiner
- How to figure out what business type will suit your musical style
- Strategies for marketing yourself and getting gigs
- Tips all working musicians need to know
- Examples of musicians who are able to make a living in their local communities
GigSalad is an online platform for artists and event service providers to promote their talent, connect with event hosts and planners, and get booked for private and public gigs ranging from weddings and parties to corporate events and festivals. As the largest entertainment booking platform in the U.S. and Canada, GigSalad can help you do what you love.
Date: April 11, 2016
Time: 5pm to 6pm (plus 30 min extra time)
Location: WeWork Wall Street (110 Wall Street, NY, NY 10005)
Expected attendees: limited to up to 25 people
Note: One assistant is needed for getting the attendees up to the conference room
- Intro & performance by professional musician/MFM member Davis Belmont (5 min)
- Mark introduces himself and GigSalad (10 min)
- Q & A with Mark (40 minutes) – MFM’s founder Sohrab Saadat Ladjevardi will come up with some questions and let attendees participate in the discussion
- End workshop with performance by David Belmont (5 min)
- Extra time: attendees can talk to Mark and me personally and to each other (up to 30 min)
Light refreshments immediately following
About Musicians For Musicians (MFM):
By coming together and tapping the creative power of the professional musician community, MFM strives to find realistic solutions for those who choose to make music for a living. MFM is created to facilitate the conversation, nurture a supportive community, and give professional musicians the resources they need to support themselves with their craft.
By enabling a sustainable lifestyle for musicians, society at large will be enriched with better music!