Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Location: CA Music Room, 218 E. 25th Street (btw 3rd and 2nd Avenues), New York, NY 10010
Time: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
The first open MFM meeting will be hosted by president and musician Sohrab Saadat Ladjevardi and attended by some of the board members. The purpose of this meeting is to let musicians know that they have a “home” in NY. Make them understand that that there’s an organization which is run by their own peers who care for them and understand their needs. And it’s about “US” as a business league which is represented by the MFM.
The meeting’s agenda will be as following:
- Introduce the president and the MFM organization
- Discuss the MFM’s mission and member code of ethics
- Discuss MFM’s first goals (one of them is to announce the 1st fundraiser event in February 2016 where some members will play)
- Present opportunities and benefits for members
- Discuss the importance of pay for gigs
- Attending musicians are welcome to speak out about some of their issues
Every musician who reads or hears about this meeting should show up and find out whether he or she wants to be on board. MFM invites you to become a member, because it’s your home – run and financed by you – and only numbers can only make change in our musicians lives.